Hello list,

I have set up my first ebuild repository[1] with one package "x11-misc/drm_master_util" to run "X" without root privileges. I am still making it to work[2]. The ebuild file accesses an external git repository[3].

The thing I am concerned about, is, that I am pulling something from an external source, which I am installing on my system and giving it root privileges[4].

The only best practise I can think of, is, to fork the external repository, linking the ebuild to my fork and updating it on demand, so I have full control over it.

Would this be the way to do it?

[1] https://codeberg.org/keks24/gentoo-overlay
[2] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Keks24/drafts/Non_root_Xorg
[3] https://github.com/gch1p/drm_master_util.git