On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 09:00:38AM +0200, n952162 wrote:
> On 2020-08-31 23:52, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 10:02:34PM +0200, n952162 wrote:
> > > In all of the imagemagick display installations I have, when I use the
> > > image edit draw function, it includes an opaque background, rather than
> > > just the lines themselves.  I've never had this with display(1) before,
> > First you use draw, which is used in convert, and then you speak of display.
>
> Please see the attached menu capture for "Image Edit ..."
> […]
> If you left-click on the window, you get a menu that allows the full
> range of editing capabilities.

Ah, I forgot about that (never used it), sorry.

> > Drawing is done on a canvas. So unless you start with an existing image file
> > as a basis, IM needs to pick a default background colour, which in your case
> > seems to be black.

> Yes, the problem is, I AM using an existing image.  Usually, with IM's
> display(1), I could add lines and text to images but now, all of a
> sudden, it uses a bounding box around the new strokes, choosing a single
> random color from the background.

Hm… When I select Edit → Annotate → Background, I can select transparent.
Unfortunately, I’m currently not on Gentoo and couldn’t find out on the spot
how to get the compile options for my Arch-based ImageMagick.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.

“The mating dance is a courtship ritual. You do it to woo and win.
I wooed. I won. I’m done.” – Earl Sinclair (Dinosaurs Ep. 2)