Am 24.09.20 um 11:01 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:

> I have a gentoo server with a failed /dev/sda. OS is on RAID1 with a
> working /dev/sdb below.
>
> I want to avoid rebooting because I mistrust the GRUB from a former SUSE
> installation (in parallel) right now.
>
> For some reason dbus isn't running.
>
> I can't get a correct systemctl behavior right now.
>
> Tried to start the dbus daemon with the line from the service file, but
> it doesn't find or create the socket file in /run/dbus
>
> I assume I could create it with mknod, could someone point me at a
> working command?

Managed to recreate that file:

# ls -la /run/dbus/
insgesamt 0
srwxrwxrwx  1 root root   0 24. Sep 12:19 system_bus_socket

/usr/bin/dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile
--systemd-activation --syslog-only

(as in dbus.service) fails with

dbus-daemon[26507]: Failed to start message bus: No socket received.