On Mon, Oct 05, 2020 at 04:14:07PM -0400, John Covici wrote:
> Also, you might want to go to the ~ tre -- I have no trouble compiling, but I
> have version 10.35 which is much newer than what you are trying to compile.

This concerns `dev-libs/libpcre`, not `dev-libs/pcre2`.  As far  as  Portage  is
concerned, these are two completely different  packages.   For  the  package  in
question, the version Jude is attempting to install is the only one in the tree.

It's a bit tricky to triage the error from the assembler, because  the  compiler
is piping in its output, hence the assembler only reporting "{standard  input}".
With that said, it looks like the assembler  is  encountering  a  syntax  error,
which is very peculiar indeed.  Furthermore, I'm unable the replicate this error
with the USE-flags  given  in  Jude's  `emerge  --info`  output,  including  the
notorious `static-libs` flag.

Can anyone else replicate this error?

--

Ashley Dixon