On 10/11/20 7:59 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
On 11/10/20 05:42, Jonathan Yong wrote:
Was it just the previous message? I canceled sending the message when I
realized it wasn't signed. Google SMTP must have accepted it anyway.

You can't cancel a message. Once it's left your inbox, it's gone.

And Google won't/can't do anything (unless the recipient is gmail)
because just as it will have gone from your outbox, it will have gone
from their system before you've even realised "oh shit I didn't mean to
hit send".

You're effectively relying on the recipient's mail client to honour a
request to throw the previous message away, and many clients either
don't honour, or don't even recognise, such a request.

That's why a previous mail client of mine (Turnpike), by default,
wouldn't empty the outbox until the contents were at least a minute old.

No, I mean the cancel button in progress box that Thunderbird shows when an email is sent, not Outlook style cancel.