On Tuesday, 27 October 2020 14:23:11 GMT Steven Lembark wrote:
> One more elogind update question:
>
>     $ loginctl user-status;
>     Could not get properties: is a directory
>
> Q: Anyone have any idea of what item might be a directory?

loginctl should look into the directory '/run/systemd/sessions/' which
contains pipes and text files.  The text files contain info on seats,
sessions, users;  e.g.

# ls -la /run/systemd/sessions/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Oct 27 12:31 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 140 Oct 27 12:11 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 276 Oct 27 12:31 2
prw------- 1 root root   0 Oct 27 12:11 2.ref
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 287 Oct 27 12:31 5
prw------- 1 root root   0 Oct 27 12:28 5.ref

> strace doesn't show me anything obvious (which doesn't always
> mean anything).
>
> <https://pastebin.com/78F14s8P>
>
> Q: Is there any documentation anyone knows about that describes
>    this error?
>
> Thanks

I don't know of any documentation to point you towards.  It could be a
permissions problem, in the first instance I would start with /run/systemd/
sessions/ which should be owned by root.

PS.  If you converted your system to run with elogind recently, did you set up
the requisite USE flag and re-emerged @world with '--newuse'?