On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 18:26 -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> About 6 different complaints about my kernel configuration that blew off
> the screen as packages were being emerged.  Does any way exist to have
> emerge write these to a log file of some sort for later checking and
> action?

Others have answered the question on how to improve logging, but to
help your workflow and keep your terminal a little more manageable, you
may wish to add the --quiet-build option to your emerge commands.
 Warnings and errors should still be displayed, but every line of
output from the compilation process should not.