On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:31:26 -0600, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:

> > And correct me if I'm wrong but with rsync if something dies in
> > process you can usually start it back up and complete the job without
> > starting over from scratch.
>
> If you use the --partial flag, yes.  I don't think that is enabled by
> default.

The --partial flag applies to individual files, so it may help if the
copy fails partway through copying a very large file, it's more useful
when used with networked drives.

Rsync will carry on where it left of as far as fully copied files are
concerned.

--
Neil Bothwick

Programming Language: (n.) a shorthand way of describing a series of bugs
                      to a computer or a programmer.