Hi Daniel,
on Monday, 2005-10-24 at 11:33:47, you wrote:
> Take a look at this... PDF is the proprietary modification of ps,
> added some tags and some compression (that can easily be repeated with
> lots of advantages in any compressor). And, well, read for yourself.

This is obviously a few years old; the guy still has a point about
ergonomics but I don't have any problems with PDF files on Linux today.
The huge advantage PDF has over PS that it's searchable and accomodates
bitmap graphics with decent compression. Put a 300dpi A5-size JPEG into
a TeX document and run it through pdfTeX---and then convert it to PS...
For something that prints nicely and is still accessible, there is just
no usable alternative.

regards
        Matthias

--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: 90CF8389
Fingerprint: 8E1F 1081 A466 2946  B98A B9E2 099F 3B91