On 12/4/20 11:40 PM, Jack wrote:

>>> These are the packages that would be unmerged:

 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
    selected: 4.19.72
   protected: none
     omitted: 5.4.72
It's going to remove an old version and leave a newer version.  If you
really want the old one kept, you should explicitly add it to your
world file.  (check "emerge -n", don't actually edit the world file)

 sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
    selected: 5.4.66
   protected: none
     omitted: 5.4.72
Same as above, and no, I don't know why it didn't combine these into a
single entry with two selected and one omitted.

I understand now that you've checked this list for me.  That is really
helpful.  Thank you.

 app-editors/nano
*selected*: 4.2
   protected: *none *
     omitted: *none *
This seems a bit odd, unless you have a different app-editor package
installed.  Virutal/editor is there so you always have at least one
editor installed.  If you do have another editor installed, then this
is OK.

--depclean just won my heart!  :-)