On 2020.12.18 01:49, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
How bump version and manifest local ebuild.
I copied barcode-0.99.ebuild to local/portage and tired to bump version
 mv barcode-0.99.1.ebuild
ebuild /usr/local/portage/app-text/barcode/barcode-0.99.1.ebuild manifest

but when I try to manifest it, it can not find barcode-0.99.1.tar.gz (it
doesn't exist).
That's because barcode-0.99.1.tar.gz doesn't exist. If you want your new ebuild to still use the previous tarball, you either need to adjust the link it uses to fetch the source, or consider renaming to barcode-0.99-r1. However, the other suggestion about where to place the patch is probably a better approach, assuming the ebuild does apply user patches.

I was trying to apply this patch to current version:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-barcode/2020-01/txtvoVMhO66kP.txt

I can manifest (with the patch) current version: barcode-0.99.ebuild
but renaming it after manifesting won't work, it complain about Manifest
mismatch.
I was trying to bump the version, so I can distinguish local from the
official one.

If I keep the version the same, how to point emerge to "local/portage".
Do I unmerge the official one and keep the one in local/portage?