On 1/2/21 10:45 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> I have:
> lspci | grep -i audio
> 08:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation GP107GL High Definition Audio
> Controller (rev a1)
> 0a:00.4 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Starship/Matisse HD
> Audio Controller
>
> Kernel (seems like correct driver)
> grep -i snd_hda_intel .config
> CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=y
> # CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL_DETECT_DMIC is not set
>
> User is in "audio" group.
> alsamixer is showing only:
> Card: PulseAudio
> Chip: PulseAudio
>
> Shouldn't it be showing some kind of Nvidia audio?

I was able to make it to work by compiling some additional codec in kernel but
I can not store the alsa letting:

alsamixer
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (/run/user/1000) is not owned by us (uid 0), but by uid 1000!
(This could e.g. happen if you try to connect to a non-root PulseAudio as a
root user, over the native protocol. Don't do that.)

What to do with it?