Hello, Neil.

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 18:44:15 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:14:39 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> > > I see that the kernel code to scroll the console has been stripped out
> > > [1].

> > This is appalling.  I do all my work on the console (apart from web
> > browsing), and with this development, Linux effectively becomes unusable
> > to me.  I will NOT be bullied into using second rate alternatives like
> > X-Windows terminals.

> What about screen/tmux?

I suppose they'd do at a pinch, but they're both things which get
between Linux and my applications, and like X-Windows, they offer
"features" which I don't need and don't want, and hijack key sequences.

But I will look into it if I have to.  For the moment, I can get by by
not updating my kernel.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).