在 2021/1/17 下午7:18, Michael 写道:
On Sunday, 17 January 2021 11:04:17 GMT Peter Humphrey wrote:
On Saturday, 16 January 2021 20:59:17 GMT the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
Reinstalling Gentoo on one box (I wiped the root partition, so it is a
clean install) and I'm getting this error
--->8

Have you thought of using rust-bin instead of rust? "emerge -1 rust-bin" It
saves prodigious amounts of compiling here. Of course, you can't do that if
you need to set particular USE flags.

There was a discussion here a month or two ago. Either rust or rust-bin will
satisfy virtual/rust.

Rust uses up tonnes of RAM in compiling, so unless enough RAM and perhaps SWAP
is available, it could fail.  Increasing resources and/or reducing the make
job number should improve the situation.
Agree with above, please try flag like "-j1" or give more swap space.
And compile Rust really take a while, made my old computer scream for almost a day.
It is really a bad experience to use a poor computer to do what a heavy job.

--
bobwxc
F645 5C7A 08E8 A637 24C6  D59E 36E9 4EAB B53E 516B