Hello folks!

What could be the best approach to a small home server with a 20’s core
Xeon and 32GB of ram?

I'm thinking of serving a NAS, a virtual machine to record 2 cameras with
ZoneMider and a DB server/php.

Some configurations I'm guessing are described below.

1)     Install FreeNAS, formatting my 3 disk in ZFS raid and setup all
stuff upon FreeNas using VirtualBox (1-Linux to ZoneMinder and 1-Linux to a
small host php/db server);

2)     Install a FreeBSD ZFS using Xen and setup two guests, a Linux Guest
to ZoneMinder + DB/php and a FreeNas guest;

3)     Install a Linux ZFS host, ZoneMinder and DB/php upon it and a
virtual machine for FreeNas;

4)     Install a Linux ZFS, setup a NAS on Linux, and run a VirtualBox
machine to ZoneMinder and another small server.

Thanks!

M.S. Raphael Mejias Dias
Nuclear Engineer | Reactors

Secure e-mail: raphael.mejias.d...@protonmail.com