Hello list,

I have a Pi 400, on which I'd like to install Gentoo if I can. I've tried a
few approaches so far, but each one has fallen foul of some obstacle. For
instance, today I tried installing a small Gentoo system into a chroot, to do
the compiling there. It seemed to be going well until time came to upgrade
openssl. It stopped when it couldn't cope with the ARM platform. Zlib also
failed, needing static compilation, I think.

I see references to using crossdev, wine and taking a prebuilt system from
various sources, but I haven't found a way through yet.

What setup do people use for compiling for Raspberry Pi?

--
Regards,
Peter.