On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 09:46:45 -0500, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
>> +1 for Lineage here.
>>
>> I didn't recommend it to the OP because for a first-time Android user,
>> this might be jumping straight into the deep end of the pool.

Nigthly build for supported devices are fairly safe (from my experience).

But yes: you should account for a day working in OS installation and
tuning. That is far away from the ready to use phone you bought and that
only needs the sim card to fit in.

>> Also, depending on the circumstances, installing Lineage might void
>> your warranty.  If going that route, then a used, warranty-less phone
>> from FleaBay might be a good option.

Furthermore devices from "SALES" are easier to find whitin the supported
list. The port of a new device can be painful.

I checked also in amazon wharehouse offerts

> Also, rooting a phone to install a different OS version can stop some
> apps from working, particularly any financial ones.
Maybe Magisk <https://magisk.me/> is not suitable for a firt-time
Android user as it can be mind mangling, but in the end it leds those
apps to run smoothly.