On 26/04/21 22:53, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
> If they cable is the problem the LED port on the 70ft long cable on the
> switch would be orange "not green"; correct me anybody if I'm wrong.

I guess it depends what's wrong with the cable. And what the green light
is testing for.

There'#s a reason it's called "twisted pair" - that reduces interference
from all the wires stuffed close together. If it was badly connected
when it was made, or the cable's taken a hammering, or or or, you might
be getting a green light because the router says "the circuit is okay",
but poor data transmission because a bad quality cable is suffering from
excessive cross-talk.

Cheers,
Wol