May be off topic.  I've been experiencing approximately monthly hard
lockups on my machine.  Dell Inspiron 3252 Shipped Feb 19th, 2016.  Atom
based machine with 8 gigs of ram.

  gcc -c -Q -march=native --help=target | grep march=

...tells me it's a "silvermont".  I'm running bog standard 64-bit
no-multilib Gentoo, a bit on the lean side.  By "hard lockup" I mean...

* {CTRL}{ALT}{DEL} won't reboot
* Magic SysRq won't reboot
* The Power button powers down, but is unable to reboot (there's a light
  inside the case that stays on)
* I have to flip off the power bar, wait, flip power bar back on, and
  press the power button

  Are there any utilities I can use to possibly diagnose the problem?
Let's just say, I'm now somewhat fanatical about backups every couple of
days.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>