"the...@sys-concept.com" <the...@sys-concept.com>, 20.05.2021, 23:20:

> On 5/20/21 1:29 PM, tastytea wrote:
>> On 2021-05-20 11:20-0600 the...@sys-concept.com wrote:

>>> It seems to me IPv4 is broken beyond repair.
>>> I'm trying to block spammers but they rewrite the source IP (that is not
>>> checked) so it is impossible to block them.

>> A good measure against non-targeted spam is a hidden input field with
>> the name “url”. If the bot put anything in that field, throw it out.
>> Simple math captchas (like “what is 2 + 3?”) work well too.
>> If the spam is targeted, you'll probably need a more advanced captcha
>> solution.

> Simple math captchas  might work, but I have to find out how to implement it
> into current php e-mail form.

I have a feedback form collecting customer comments, where the customer
has to acknowledge that their data will be evaluated and published.
Motivated by the GDPR, so a meh effort on my part at best.

In the last twelve months _no_ form spambot has give me the permission
to publish their spam, so it goes straight to the great bit-composter
in my backyard.

Very satisfied :-)
s.