Hayley wrote:
> Hey all,
> Since yesterday I've getting 502 Bad Gateway when trying to access
> gitweb.gentoo.org and was wondering if anyone else is having the same
> issue?
> The gentoo infra status page says that it should be up so I'm not sure
> what could be causing the problem but it's a 502 so I'm guessing it
> must be a server side issue?
>
> Thanks,
> Hayley

I just read a message on -project I think that was about some upgrade
problems and some parts of infra not working correctly.  That could be
the problem you were seeing.  I think fixing the problem is still in
progress so may be a few days before everything is back up to 100%.
This is the message:

> Alec Warner wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Many of you reported that various infra-owned services were not
>> functioning properly these past two days. We had some package
>> upgrades roll out that were bad, and a subset of services were
>> non-functional while we worked through the incident.
>>
>> (a) The upgrades did not appear to cause any data loss, but service
>> availability was reduced (500s / 502s for some HTTP services.)
>> (b) Some hosts may have had problems running some commands. E.g. I
>> know that 'grep' didn't work for a while. If you observed errors
>> related to missing 'GLIBC_2.33' symbols then this was likely related.
>> (c) Many replicated services (including infra-status) rely on gitweb
>> to take updates from git; and gitweb was not up, so they were unable
>> to receive updates.
>> (d) More impacted notes will follow in a postmortem that will come
>> later this week for this incident.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you who reported problems and apologies for the
>> service disruptions.
>>
>> -A

Hope that helps.  Should keep you from looking for the problem on your
end at least.

Dale

:-)  :-)