OK, if it could be "udev", you might want to try to check the following:

   $ grep -rF "<part_of_uuid>" /etc/udev/rules.d/
   $ grep -rF "<part_of_uuid>" /lib/udev/rules.d/
   $ grep -rF "<part_of_uuid>" /etc

You could also try to search for the partition device, maybe there will be some interesting configuration files.

If you are using "systemd", you might want to check every service unit file as well:

   $ systemctl

Recently, I had a similar issue with "cryptsetup" on Raspbian, where the "/etc/crypttab" was faulty, which may be applicable here. It had the following entry:

   # <accident_paste_with_uuid> # <target name> <source device> [...]
   <entry1>
   <entry2>

Therefore, the systemd service unit "systemd-cryptsetup@dev-disk-by\x2duuid-#<accident_paste_with_uuid> # <target name> <source device> [...]" - if I remember correctly - failed. It seems, that "systemd-cryptsetup-generator" only searches for matching UUIDs in "/etc/crypttab", even, if they are commented and creates service units for each match in "/run/systemd/generator/". I remember, that I had issues to access the hard drive. Nevertheless, I was able to mount it normally, due to the other correct entry(?).

By removing the accidentally pasted UUID from "/etc/crypttab" and rebooting, I was able to use the hard drive without issues again.

Maybe this is something, where you could poke around? :)

-Ramon