210919 antlists wrote:
> On 19/09/2021 08:03, Philip Webb wrote:
>> Portage ought to be able to recognise when a set of pkgs
>> are creating destructive circular dependencies among themselves
>> & resolve the conflict by updating all of them together.
> Until you hit my version of the problem,
> where if a is not there, b crashes when you try to build it ...
> And of course, installing a crashes because b is not there ...

So you emerge both together :
I've never run into a version of your case where that wasn't the solution.
And I don't expect anything like that to happen
with a related group of pkgs like Qt or KDE.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca