* On 01.11.2005 Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>  This is true. But you should mention, that 'qpkg' is deprecated
>> and 'equery' should be used:
>
> In that case I would have recommended equery to start with. But equery is
> horrendously slow to start up, whereas qpkg is virtually instant. It may
> be deprecated but it works well, so why not use it?

 Oh, I didn't said that you shouldn't use it. But it isn't in
$PATH anymore - that was what I wanted to make clear.

 And you're right that equery is slow, and it doesn't has some of
qpkg's features. I have made a symbolic link
/usr/local/bin/qpkg-old to qpkg (qpkg-old because I have
portage-utils installed)

 So long,
tkr

--
Ahhhhhh... the smell of cuprinol and mahogany.  It excites me to...
acts of passion... acts of... ineptitude.