Hello list,

Rich F said recently, "I'd avoid using the .local TLD due to RFC 6762."

That brings me back to a thorny problem: what should I call my local network?
It used to be .prhnet, but then a program I tried a few years ago insisted on
a two-component name, so I changed it to .prhnet.local.

Now I've read that RFC - well, Appendix G to it - and I'm scratching my head.
I suppose it's possible that someone may want to connect an Apple device to my
network, so perhaps I should clear the way for that eventuality.

So, what TLD should I use? Should I use .home, or just go back to .prhnet? It
isn't going to be visible to the Big Bad World, so does it even matter?

--
Regards,
Peter.