On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 4:17 PM Grant Taylor <
gtay...@gentoo.tnetconsulting.net> wrote:

> On 1/18/22 11:24 AM, Anatoly Laskaris wrote:
> > I'm sorry for not answering to the question directly, but why use
> apache2?
>
>   - Because Apache is already installed and listening on the port in
> question.
>   - Because that's what the OP asked about.
>   - Because it might be IBM / Oracle HTTP Server which are re-rolls of
> Apache HTTP Server.
>   - $REASONS
>
> > There are modern alternatives ...
>
> Age of something doesn't mean a lot.
>
>   - TCP/IP is from the 80s and yet we are still using it.
>   - OSI is newer than IPv4.
>   - IPv6 is newer than IPv4 and OSI.
>
> Yet we are still talking about the venerable IPv4.
>
> > And something completely different like Traefik
> > (https://doc.traefik.io/traefik/getting-started/quick-start/) which is
> > geared towards modern cloud native infrastructure with containers and
> > workload orchestrators like Nomad or Kubernetes.
> > Usually you don't configure Traefik with static config file, but with
> > metadata and annotations in K8S and Consul so it is dynamic and reactive.
>
> I view adding /additional/ software / daemons as poor form, especially
> when the /existing/ software can do the task at hand.
>
> Don't overlook the port conflict.
>
> > Or you can use nginx (which is already considered pretty old and clunky,
> > but it is much easier than apache still).
>
> Why start the email asking why something old is used and then finish the
> email suggesting the possibility of using something else old?
>

> --
> Grant. . . .
> unix || die
>
> Hello,

I've modified a little my config file:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
        <VirtualHost *:443>
                ServerName raphaxx.intranet
                ServerAdmin raph...@gmail.com

                DocumentRoot /var/www/html
                ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
                CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

                ProxyRequests Off
                ProxyPreserveHost On
                <Proxy *>
                   Order deny,allow
                   Allow from all
                </Proxy>

                ProxyPass "zmz"  "http://raphaxx.intranet:8280/zm/";
                ProxyPassReverse "zmz" "http://raphaxx.intranet:8280/zm/";

                SSLEngine on

                SSLCertificateFile
/etc/ssl/certs/apache-selfsigned_raphaxx.crt
                SSLCertificateKeyFile
/etc/ssl/private/apache-selfsigned_raphaxx.key

                <FilesMatch "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php)$">
                                SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
                </FilesMatch>
                <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
                                SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
                </Directory>
        </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

My ssl is ok, the ssl redirect is on default.conf
But this ProxyReverse, I've been trying in many ways, another file, and so
on, but nothing works.
About the VirtualHost for the 8280, I'm guessing it was not necessary,
because the 8280 is the VM and the VM has its own apache2.
I have a nat rule to redirect 192.168.0.15:8280 to my VM server
192.168.2.100:80 on my root server 192.168.0.15.

About Caddy, I do not want to install another server and deal with another
config.

Thanks!