Given that anybody with half a clue knows NEVER to open unsolicited attachments, I'm verging on thinking it's phishing. Anyways, I'm THAT close to setting up an auto-delete rule on anything from him. The email address feels spammy, too ...

Cheers,
Wol

On 20/01/2022 19:57, Laurence Perkins wrote:
Anybody know if these are phishing attempts or just cluelessness?  They all
seem to be coming from the same email address, so if we think it's the former
we should probably block it.

If it's the latter, then would the sender please give us some context about
what you're hoping to get for a reply?  None of these things are particularly
interesting to much of anyone on this list I expect.

LMP

-----Original Message-----
From: xbx <xbx7...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2022 11:27 AM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-user] Crypt Ease Series

CAUTION: This is an EXTERNAL email. Do not click links or open attachments
unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello Gentoo Users Developers!

I would like to share, contribute my Encryption / Decryption algorithm.

It uses + -, and bitwise xor to encrypt data.

See the attached files.

The last is the CryptEaseSuper-MAX the use 8 x ( 8 x 2) 2 ^ 64 bit integer to
encrypt / decrypt information.

Sincerely xbx.