I have just rebooted to check what exactly comes out dmesg. See the file attached. Also, the contents of my  /etc/hotplug/blacklist:

#
# Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from loading it.
# Usually that'd be so that some other driver will bind it instead,
# no matter which driver happens to get probed first.  Sometimes user
# mode tools can also control driver binding.
#
# Syntax:  driver name alone (without any spaces) on a line. Other
# lines are ignored.
#

# uhci ... usb-uhci handles the same pci class
usb-uhci
# usbcore ... module is loaded implicitly, ignore it otherwise
usbcore

# tulip ... de4x5, xircom_tulip_cb, dmfe (...) handle same devices
de4x5
# At least 2.4.3 and later xircom_tulip doesn't have that conflict
# xircom_tulip_cb
dmfe

#evbug is a debug tool and should be loaded explicitly
evbug

usb-midi
audio
usb-audio

I can't make any sense of it at this point. Any clues??

KArstne