Greetings,

since quite some time,  longe before  "converting" to Gentoo,  I've used
"fetchmail" and "ssmtp" to retrieve and send mail via my Google account.

Some time after I had all set up,  Google started nagging  about my not-
so-secure access to my mail account via just userid and password.  Up to
now I simply ignored that.   But now Google told me  to only allow "Sign
in with Google" or OAuth 2.0 after 2022-05-30.

I've seen quite a few people with "@gmail" or "@googlemail" addresses on
this list, so others might have a similar problem,  but maybe nobody but
me is using this Google + "fetchmail" + "ssmtp" combination.   Any ideas
how to get OAuth into this set-up?

If it helps, here are the relevant configuration files:

---------------------------- ~/.fetchmailrc ----------------------------

poll     pop.gmail.com
proto    POP3
service  995