Robert Persson <ireneshusband <at> yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Does anybody have a recommendation as to which anti-virus program in portage
> would be best for occasional on-demand scanning?  The main use would be to
> screen windows programs before installing them in wine.

* net-proxy/dansguardian
     Available versions:  2.8.0.4 2.8.0.6
     Installed:           none
     Homepage:            http://dansguardian.org

* net-proxy/dansguardian-dgav
     Available versions:  ~6.4.2a ~6.4.3
     Installed:           none
     Homepage:            http://sourceforge.net/projects/dgav/

It's in portage and was recommended previously  as a pretty
good filter-proxy with optional anti-virus capabilities.
The latest version has looks really cool.

I have not installed it (yet) but it's on the list of software to
evaluate.

hth,

James