* "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2-20220530T050223-944166244Z @orbis-terrarum.net> :
Wrote on Mon, 30 May 2022 05:08:48 +0000:
>> Could I request the list owner to make sure I remain subscribed to the
>> the list while not receiving copies in the mail?
> I don't see any requests to unsubscribe from the regular version of the
> list.
>
> The regular/digest/nomail subscriptions are entirely independent.

Thanks.  I was missing this piece of information.  The confirmation
message I received after subscribing to gentoo-user+subscribe-nomail
had the following text:

#+begin_quote
If you ever wish to unsubscribe, send a message to
<gentoo-user+unsubscr...@lists.gentoo.org> using this email address. The
subject and the body of the message can be anything. You will then receive
confirmation or further instructions.
#+end_quote

Since only one unsubscribe address - presumably for the regular
subscription - was indicated, I assumed there was only one account per
email (ala mailman) with options set on the account. So I assumed if I
unsubscribed at this address I would remove myself from the list and
the ability to post to it.

> Just subscribing to the nomail version of the list does not impact your
> other subscriptions at all.
>
> Did some part of the documentation make you think it would impact the
> subscription?
>
> Regardless, how do you feel the documentation could improve to make it
> clear that they are separate.

Perhaps the unsubscribe instructions on joining the digest and nomail
lists should indicate addresses like
<gentoo-user+unsubscribe-nom...@lists.gentoo.org>

If that is how it is to be done. (I haven't tried sending mail to
gentoo-user+help-nomail@. I believe I'm off the regular list now,
Thanks!)  ---Madhu