On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 00:51:18 +0200, tastytea wrote:

> > When emergings with --skipfirst (i.e. skip nodejs),
> > I get:
> > emerge: It seems we have nothing to resume...
> >
> > Checking dependancies:
> > # emerge -vc net-libs/nodejs
> >
> > Calculating dependencies  .... done!
> >   net-libs/nodejs-14.19.0 pulled in by:
> >     www-client/firefox-91.9.0 requires >=net-libs/nodejs-10.23.1
> >
> > So, why don't emerge build the other 100'ish packages ?
> > Last time I did emerge nodejs, must I run emerge @world
> > and let that fail first ?
>
> Yes, --resume will always try to resume the last command that failed,
> as far as i know.

--keep-going would do what you want, portage tries to emerge whatever
else it can from the list after a failure. But that still means waiting
for nodejs to fail, so I would ass "--exclude nodejs" to your emerge
world command to get everything else sorted, then come back to deal with
nodejs later.

--
Neil Bothwick

*Libra*: /(Sept 23--Oct 23)/ An unfortunate typo on your application
results in your being accepted into the Legion Of Superherpes.