Julien Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 7/24/22 21:51, Dale wrote:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I been getting a error message about repoman not being in good shape for
>> a while.  I thought maybe it was something that would be fixed soon
>> enough or it would spit out a error that makes sense to me.  Well, been
>> a few weeks and it is still complaining about it.  I tried to update
>> repoman itself so that it would give the most information.  It doesn't
>> say much when doing my usual world update except that it is skipping it.
>> This is the most informative error I can get it to give me.
>
> Repoman has been deprecated [1]; its recommended replacement is pkgdev
>

> [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Repoman

Well that explains it.  I have --oneshot in make.conf to keep my world
file clean.  When I read your post, I looked and repoman was in the
world file.  I have no clue why I put it in there.  I don't even know
when I put it there.  So, I unmerged it and made sure it is removed from
the world file.  I don't know if I even need pkgdev so I'm running
emerge -auDN world to see if anything depends on it.  Waiting . . .
waiting . . . waiting.  It says nothing needs it, I have no idea why I
need it either so, I have a nice clean output from emerge again.

Thanks much for the help.  Never occurred to me that it was in the world
file and is dead.  :/   I figured I did it.  ROFL

Dale

:-)  :-)