On Monday, 1 August 2022 01:46:32 BST Matthew Sacks wrote:
> The vbox log and screenshot are all I have to go off. Next time I”ll provide
> that upfront. New to these parts (gentoo lists).

No problem.  :-)

> It crashes on boot actually to answer your question.

I've always run VBox on a linux host, so I am not familiar with MSWindows host
peculiarities.  However, I would think VBox on MSWindows would/should be plug
'n play.

From what you've shown you're experiencing a kernel crash of the VM at boot.
I'd start by looking at the configuration of the linux kernel you're trying to
boot and at the same time consider the settings of the VM appropriate for your
hardware, e.g. use AHCI/NVMe for storage instead of PIIX, add more than one
CPU, adequate memory, etc.

Starting with these recommendations for Gentoo guests should get you in the
right ballpark:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/VirtualBox#Gentoo_guests

PS.  When you boot the Live media within the VM to install Gentoo make sure
you boot it as legacy BIOS or as UEFI and configure VBox to match.