They have no reason to bother.  At least not in the USA.  US courts ruled
decades ago that as soon as you give information to a third party you lose all
expectation of privacy (yes, even if the third party promised privacy in the
contract you have with them.)

Phone voice data and U.S. Mail are specifically protected legally, as are
privileged communications with a lawyer, priest, or doctor (although that last
category is so riddled with exceptions as to barely count).  Otherwise, anybody
you do any business with at all can be forced to give up any and all records
they have about you, no warrant required, and can be ordered not to tell you
it's been done.

So government level actors spying on your banking just go to the bank.  And
they've been getting more nosey in recent years.  Last I heard, any transaction
over $600 gets automatically reported to them, and they keep talking about
lowering that threshold.

LMP