On 25/08/2022 19:59, Dale wrote:
While at it, can I move the drives on LVM to another system without
having to copy anything?  Just physically move the drives and LVM see
them correctly on the new system?  I may try to build a small computer
for a NAS soon.  I'm not sure what is the least I can buy that will
perform well.  I need to look into small mobos to see what options I
have.  I mostly need a CPU to handle moving files, memory to pass it
through and lots of SATA ports.  I figure a fast card for most SATA ports.

https://raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_Raid

That might be a good read ... I know I push it a bit, but it does go into disk management a decent bit.

If you can think of any improvements, they'll be welcome! :-)

Cheers,
Wol