On Sunday, 28 August 2022 13:56:09 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Sunday, 28 August 2022 13:24:46 BST Dale wrote:
> > Is this something I do on the command line or a setting is some file
> > somewhere?  I don't even know where to start on this.  By the way, I'm
> > maxed out at 32GBs of memory for this mobo.  So adding memory isn't a
> > option.  Is there even a mobo that has a 64GB option??? :/
>
> This may not help, but it may set you on the right track: man ulimit.
>
> :)

I'm not sure how you can set a limit for a single application and any of its
child processes with ulimit.  However, Control Groups (cgroups) can do this
easily as long as it has been included in the kernel:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/OpenRC/CGroups

Also, from what I recall at least some torrent applications can limit the
amount of uploading connections and/or throughput - but I haven't used any for
years now.