On Mon, 29 Aug 2022 12:14:59 +0300
Alexander Kurakin <kuraga...@mail.ru> wrote:

> As known, `python_gen_cond_dep` is for single implementation
> packages (either `python-single-r1` or `distutils-r1` with
> `DISTUTILS_SINGLE_IMPL=1`) where we're depending on Python packages
> which support multiple dependencies. (Thanks Sam James.)
>
> But in dev-python/twisted [1] we have both: without
> `python_gen_cond_dep` (line 27) and with `python_gen_cond_dep` (line
> 58). Both of these dependencies are `PYTHON_COMPAT=( python3_{8..11}
> pypy3 )` + `inherit distutils-r1` + no set for
> `DISTUTILS_SINGLE_IMPL`: [2], [3].
>
> What's the difference? Thanks!

In twisted's BDEPEND calls to python_gen_cond_dep, Python impl names
are passed after the depstring, and this looks like a way to limit
those dependencies to certain impls.  python3_11 is omitted compared
to PYTHON_COMPAT so maybe the tests don't support that yet.

Note that python_gen_cond_dep from python-r1.eclass is different from
python-single-r1.eclass, it generates dependencies using
PYTHON_TARGETS instead of PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGETS.

Cheers,
Bryan