I'm having problems, even running as root.  As per the previous
message, the system is detecting the hardware, but wpa_aupplicant cannot
get going.  I have a minimal /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
update_config=1

  From https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Wpa_supplicant#Using_wpa_cli the
command for debugging is...

wpa_supplicant -Dnl80211 -iwlan0 -C/var/run/wpa_supplicant/
-c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -dd

...to which I appended ">>logfile.txt 2>&1" to grab all output.  I
waited for a minute or so, and got the logfile which I've attached.  Any
ideas?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>