On Fri, 2022-09-30 at 20:36 +0100, Wol wrote:
> I've noticed that --depclean hardly seems to be cleaning anything out
> now. Despite regular emerge updates. I do an emerge update world every
> week, followed immediately by a depclean, but it's probably cleaned
> maybe one or two packages in the last month? Despite updating loads? Is
> that normal?

Unless the dependencies of a package change (or you changed the
resulting set of dependencies via USE changes), they aren't usually a
whole lot of deps to clean.  That's my experience anyway.  When I'm
flailing around a lot in package.use I'll have dozens but otherwise its
usually just one or two here and there.