On Thursday, 27 October 2022 08:54:36 BST I wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 October 2022 16:46:07 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 15:22:42 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > > On booting the new system I get an error I haven't heard of before:
> > > dracut complaining "sysroot has no proper sysfs layout". I'm sure I've
> > > done something stupid, but where do I start debugging this? Google
> > > hasn't helped.
> >
> > Is CONFIG_SYSFS=y set in your kernel?
>
> Yes. I don't see it in menuconfig, but a search for it says it's set by a
> boolean expression that evaluates to TRUE.

I was right the first time: it was something I'd done - a typo in /boot/loader/
entries/<entry>. (My eyes just get worse all the time. That's my excuse and
I'm sticking to it.)

Now, though, the system gets as far as populating /dev and hangs. So, back to
SysRescCD and check that devfs is selected, and it is. I'll go through the
kernel config yet again and see what I may have missed.

--
Regards,
Peter.