On Saturday, 10 December 2022 16:30:03 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
> On 10/12/2022 16:19, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> > Where do we confuse those two? We specifically talked of codecs and
> > “contain”.
>
> "I didn't know .ts could contain h264".
>
> If .ts is the container, then surely the assumption is it can contain
> any codec? If not, why not?

Not any codec.  Some container formats are only compatible with certain
codecs, or rather the other way around.  Have a look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_video_container_formats

I suppose the answer to 'why not' boils down to the whatever structure and
data the container format is designed to be compatible with, but I don't know
more than this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Informatik-Containerformate-Beispiele.svg