On 30/12/2022 13:42, Dale wrote:
Given I only use Linux, know of any good and commonly available flatbed
scanner models?  I'm fine with used ones as long as they work.  I like
the one I got since when I'm done, it stands upright in my closet and
takes up very little floor space.  It does a really good job. I've even
scanned in pictures and they looked good, when it wasn't doing the
streak thing.

What do you have by way of a printer? Would you be better with an MFP?

Okay, it's not cheap, but I like my HP MFP M477. Cost about £300 for the fdn model. Duplex printer, duplex scanner with document feed, cat-5 (don't think it's wireless).

You can probably get similar cheaper ...

The thing I really like scanner wise is I just set up a Samba share on my computer, configure the thing, and then I can just scan from the printer front panel and it appears on my computer automagically.

Cheers,
Wol