> > Yeah, I wasn't very clear about that.  The problem is I can't use
> > VirtualHost definitions because I don't think apache knows which
> > domain is actually being served.  I don't use any apache virtual host
> > stuff.  Domain identification is handled by my shopping cart software.
>
> But presumably the shopping cart software merely looks at the URL you are
> coming from right? (What software is it? Does it run locally or is it on a
> remote server?).

The shopping cart software does only look at the URL, but I have it
determining what to display partially based on the domain in that URL.
 apache2 doesn't do anything based on the domain.  The shopping cart
software is open-source Interchange, but the stuff I'm talking about
here is custom-programmed in ITL (Interchange Tagging Language) for
non-standard operation.

http://icdevgroup.org

Interchange is awesome and I highly recommend it, but I have to
mention its steep learning curve.

apache2, Interchange, etc. are all run on the same remote server.

- Grant