I don't remember if it was tied to a specific popular Linux distribution,
but this used to be the common response to new Linux-converts when they
asked for the Linux version of Ctrl+Alt+Delete (to kill a hanging process).
I remember some modifier keys and escape, but I can't confirm that it was
exactly "Ctrl+Alt+Esc". The key combination would launch "xkill", which now
shows a skull-and-crossbones cursor instead of an "X" (on my machine, at
least). Using the skull-and-crossbones to click on a window will kill the
process corresponding to that window.