> I wonder.  Is there a way to find out the smallest size file in a
directory or sub directory, largest files, then maybe a average file
size???  I thought about du but given the number of files I have here, it
would be a really HUGE list of files.  Could take hours or more too.  This
is what KDE properties shows.

I'm sure there are more accurate ways but

sudo ls -R / | wc

give you the number of lines returned from the ls command. It's not perfect
as there are blank lines in the ls but it's a start.

My desktop machine has about 2.2M files.

Again, there are going to be folks who can tell you how to remove blank
lines and other cruft but it's a start.

Only takes a minute to run on my Ryzen 9 5950X. YMMV.