Howdy,

Just a heads up.  I almost missed this in all the other normal messages
emerge spits out.  I think this was because of a glibc update.  Anyway,
if you update your system, look for a message about restarting the init
process to avoid problems.  Rebooting is one way to do this of course
BUT if you can't or like me, don't like, to reboot, you can login as
root and run this:  telinit u   Note, there is no dash in front of the
u.  It doesn't work with a dash there either.  To make sure all
processes restarted, I went to boot runlevel, then single and then
reversed that to get back to default runlevel.

I almost missed the message as it scrolled by.  Just wanted to give in a
heads up in case someone has already updated and missed that message or
is about to update and needs to look for it.

Hope this helps someone, or a lot of someones.

Dale

:-)  :-)