On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 08:07:10 +0100, Wols Lists wrote:

> WATCH YOUR FREE DISK. I think it's all sorted now, but whatever you're
> using it was always a good idea not to go over 90% full. For a very
> long time, a combination of snapshots and a full disk would wedgie the
> system, such that the only way to free up space was to reformat the
> entire disk! As I say, I think it's now fixed so you can delete
> snapshots, but >90% ain't a good idea anyway

That's been fixed for a long time, but you can still run out of space
when old metadata clogs things up. The fix is simple if a little time
consuming and covered in detail in the wiki. As you say though, not
filling up a filesystem is generally the best idea.

--
Neil Bothwick

Tact is the intelligence of the heart.