On 2023-09-06, Michael <confabul...@kintzios.com> wrote:

> The message indicates subversion needs reinstalling with the downgraded
> sqlite
> - potentially @preserved-rebuild ought to catch this, or revdep-rebuild.

I used to run revdep-rebuild after every update, but a few years ago I
thought I read that was no longer a useful thing to do.

I did not try @preserved-rebuild since there was no message from
portage indicating it was needed.  Isn't there usually a message from
portage if that set is non-empty?  I don't think it would have done
anything, since the library file's version didn't change and
subversion was indeed using the newer library. @preserved-rebuild only
kicks in if the library file version changes and portage keeps the old
version of the file around to keep some apps running until they are
re-built to use the newer version of the library file.

> You could have a go rebuilding sqlite with +static-libs, but I'm clutching at
> straws here.  :-/

Emerging 'subversion' did it.  When I typed 'emerge svn' and something
got merged without any errors I didn't even look to see exactly what
-- though after I emerged subversion I did remember that emerging svn
didn't take nearly as long as it should have.

IMO it's a mistake to have one package called "svn" and another one
called "subversion".

--
Grant