The kernel I am using is 6.1.60-gentoo

-----Original Message-----
From: John Covici <cov...@ccs.covici.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 8, 2023 2:54 PM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsa not working with hda intel sound card

Hi all.

I have run into a problem, where I am getting no sound out of the jack
on my sound card.  I think this happened since the last major reboot
after my world update.

If I use a usb sound card I have things work fine, but not the one on
the motherboard.  Here is the card spec using the listpci.

00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH cAVS (rev 10)
        Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc Cannon Lake PCH cAVS
                                 Memory at a2430000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
        [size=16K]
                   Memory at a2000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable)
        [size=1M]
                                 Capabilities: [80] Vendor Specific
        Information: Len=14 <?>
                   Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable-
        64bit+
                   Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
                                 Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel, snd_soc_skl

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una